Sunday, February 4, 2007

Ack Tech: Mandy's Corner

I drive a '97 3.0 Cl. So far, I have an Alpine sound system, composed of an Alpine headunit, sub box, 12' Type R sub, and Alpine Amp. Alpine is a great brand, known for their clarity of sound while still being able to deliver that extra "kick" the consumer is looking for. Pink neons were added to my car last year, on the underside. Many tuner cars are now made with an extra lip on the sideskirts of the car, but mine was not. Because of this, I had to put them on myself, and they are pretty much tied onto the body of my car with wire ties.

I also have a set of 17' Konig rims on my car. The rims were my second addition, following the sound system. I love the rims because I feel that they are the only exterior feature of my car that allows for others to realize my passion for tuning. I am on numerous Acura and Honda forums, and try to keep up-to-date on new problems, dyi's, and easy fixes that people have going on with their cars. Overall, it's tough being a girl and liking cars, people look at me strange when I go to car shows and actually enjoy it. My vote: do what you want, whatever your sex may be. If it makes you happy, stick with it.

No comments: