Saturday, March 31, 2007

Ack Attack Post 23: An Acura Dealership

Overall, the customer satisfaction at Acura dealerships is horrible. Acura does conduct a survey a few days after customers have had service, so they can see what is going right and wrong for the customer. Last time I was at an Acura dealership, a man called and said that he had a hole in his tire, but he would have to be back on the road in 15mins., even if they could just put air in the tire. He had to give a presentation at some place that was 15mins. away from the dealership. He had to wait over 30mins. to get his tire fixed and ended up being late to his presentation. There was another woman waiting to get her car back because there was a black spot under the paint. It was a new car, so she wanted them to fix the paint. She went out a few times to look at the paint after the guys at the dealership said they fixed it, and she said there were swirl marks in the paint now. The dealership shows no concern for the customers while they are having their cars worked on or fixed.

I went up to Greenville to have my window fixed. A day or two later, part of the lining that the window slides up on was coming off, so I drove back up to the dealership to have the customer service guys look at it. They said they would have to order the part, then I could get it fixed. So this meant that I would have had to drive 45mins. down the road 4 times in order to fix one problem. I did, but on the last time, I picked up the part and took it to the Honda dealership, where the people are much nicer. Overall, the Service Department at the Acura dealership is horrible and the people who work there try to keep the mood light and end up upsetting the customer further. I try not to waste my time there now, unless I have no other way around it.

No comments: